Volunteer with Us
Delivering health and hope to the world...made possible by you.
At the heart of Project C.U.R.E. are our volunteers, on whom our organization depends. Our volunteers represent numerous backgrounds, including nurses, doctors, students, young professionals and retirees, among many others. From sorting donations of medical supplies and testing biomedical equipment to administrative tasks and lending professional expertise to our various departments, volunteers provide valuable support to Project C.U.R.E. and are utilized according to their strengths and interests. Our volunteers help us meet a world of need.
There are several regular volunteer positions open at the Denver Warehouse. To learn more, please click here to contact us or sign up above.
- Couriers: Weekly commitment to round at an assigned hospital collecting donated supplies from floors and deliver either to the Project C.U.R.E. collection bin at the hospital dock OR the Project C.U.R.E. designated community location. The time commitment is 1.5 to 3 hours per week depending on the hospital. Lifting & pushing required. Specific needs are for: Rose Hospital, University of Colorado Hospital, St. Anthony’s Hospital - Central, & Lutheran Hospital.
- Truck Drivers: Weekly commitment to pick up donated equipment and supplies from hospitals and deliver to Project C.U.R.E. location. Time commitment is 4 to 6 hours per week, Monday-Friday mornings. Some heavy lifting & pushing involved. CDL a plus, but not required. Must be 21 years or older.
- Sort Team Leaders: Orient and supervise sorting groups. Nursing background recommended. Time commitment is supervision of at least 1 sorting session per month at 3 to 4 hours, after training is completed. Must be 21 years or older and possess leadership and communication skills.
- Surgical Instruments Team: Sorts surgical instruments into clinical surgical specialty bins and prepares surgical instrument kits based on a menu. Minimum time commitment is 2 hours per week. Requires Operating Nurse or O.R. Tech experience.
- Donation Line: Respond to phone and email offers of donations. Complete computerized donation form and process to Courier and Truck Dispatch Managers. Time commitment is 3 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Requires communication & phone skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Word and basic Excel) and email.
- C.U.R.E. Kit Team: Assemble specific supplies for C.U.R.E. Kits on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:00-12:00. Clinical experience is suggested, but not mandatory.
- Bio-Medical Volunteers: We need both experts (Bio-Medical/Electrical/RN roles) for testing biomedical equipment AND general volunteers to clean, box, label and store functional equipment. Minimum time commitment is 2 hours per week.
As a retired nurse, I can think of no greater use of my professional skills than serving our global community. No matter how busy my life or work gets, I am always re-energized by the hours I spend volunteering. When I am in the Project C.U.R.E. warehouse, I remember the faces of the people in underserved countries that I have been so privileged to care for. That and the mission of Project C.U.R.E. has kept me coming back for seven years. ~ Maribeth Trujillo, MS, RN, NE-BC Director of Professional Resources