About the Trip
In collaboration with Newmont Goldcorp, Project C.U.R.E. seeks to make a positive impact on healthcare availability in the local Ghanaian communities where these companies work. While working in Ahafo, you will have the opportunity to work with and treat patients of every age and from nearly every walk of life. Programs in Ghana focus evolve and change each year to support and strengthen local healthcare systems. Here is how they have evolved:
- 2015: Provide primary care clinics to assess the need
- 2016: Provide primary care clinics alongside local healthcare workers, mentor local nursing students through each C.U.R.E. Clinic station and make referrals to local health care facilities for continuity of care
- 2017: Provide Health Fair Clinics to provide patients with health screenings and educations; provide vitamins and de-worming for all patients; refer patients to local health care facilities with their diagnosis from basic screenings and labs
- 2018: Provide Health Fair Clinics to provide patients with health screenings and education; provide vitamins and de-worming for all patients; refer patients to local health care facilities with their diagnosis from basic screenings and labs – The 2017 Health Fair Clinics were a big success!
About the Health Fair Clinic
About the Program Cost
Your tax-deductible donation to participate in a Project C.U.R.E. Clinics Trip to Ghana is $800. This program cost covers all accommodations, meals, clean water, and transportation once in-country, including internal airfare, buses/cars/taxies, fuel costs, drivers, tips, and boats/ferries (when applicable). Program costs also include the coverage of translators, medications, C.U.R.E. Kits, Kits for Kids, travel and evacuation insurance, Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) with the State Department, medical license transfer procedures, departure travel packet with Project C.U.R.E. scrub set, and all associated shipping costs. Additionally, tour guides and small touristic excursions and activities are included. Please note alcohol, internet access, laundry, and personal souvenirs are not covered in the program cost.
You will have the opportunity to arrange your own international airfare to and from Ghana. You will be responsible for all costs associated with visas and immunizations. Your team leader will meet you in the baggage claim area of the Accra (Kotoka) International Airport (ACC), and from there you will travel together to your accommodations. Find suggested flight itineraries HERE.
Since the first Project C.U.R.E Clinics trip to Ghana in October 2006, volunteers have returned to continue assisting the local Ghanaian communities on many C.U.R.E. Clinics occasions.
See photos from previous trips by clicking on a trip below!
Donate to C.U.R.E. Clinics & Make a Difference!
Your donation will help cover the expenses for you or another medical volunteer to serve and treat the most vulnerable patients, families and children around the world while helping us deliver health & hope to those that need it most. Every dollar you donate makes a big difference!
- Your $25 Donation will help cure 500 patients of intestinal worms that consume 30% of daily nutrients in patients that are usually already lacking proper nourishment.
- Your $50 Donation provides reading glasses for 100 patients.
- Your $500 Donation provides rapid malaria tests for 100 patients–allowing them to receive proper treatment and avoid potential death or permanent disability.
- Your $1,000 Donation provides 9 months’ worth of essential prenatal vitamins for 25 women. These imperative vitamins help prevent issues like spina bifida in babies and anemia in moms while supporting the proper development of the baby.