Thank you for inquiring to volunteer at Project C.U.R.E. WELCOME to Project C.U.R.E.’s Denver Distribution Center where we sort donated medical supplies that are delivered to more than 130 developing countries. We have an amazing team of long-time volunteers and team leaders who provide training and guidance.
Denver Volunteer Warehouse Hours
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
The warehouse is closed Sundays
We have many individual and internship volunteer opportunities at the Denver Distribution Center. Please see our list of needs below and then register online to schedule an individual volunteer opportunity.
Select Volunteer Opportunities:
- Medical Supply Sort Volunteers: Various shifts are available during the week, and we ask volunteers to commit to serving three hours/month.
- Sort Team Leaders: Lead our large groups in sorting and packaging medical supplies. Medical experience is not required, but is helpful. Leaders must complete a training session and we ask for a commitment of 1 event at 3 hours/month. Register for daytime, evening, or weekend shifts depending on your schedule.
- Drivers: We need drivers to pick up supplies from local hospitals or clinics and bring them to our warehouse. Drive our 16-foot box truck, our 12-passenger van, or your own vehicle. May require some lifting. A CDL is not required. Various shifts are available Monday - Saturday from 9 a.m - 5 p.m. We ask that drivers commit to serving 3 hours/month.
- Biomedical/Surgical/Laboratory Experts: We are looking for people with specialized medical training to ensure equipment is fit for donation. This may involve checking and repairing equipment, sorting supplies, or packaging donations for shipment. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m - 5 p.m., and we ask for a commitment of at least 3 hours/month.
- Warehouse Volunteers: We need volunteers to help keep our warehouse organized, drive forklifts, prepare shipments, unload donations, and load containers for shipment. May require some physical labor. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m - 5 p.m.
- Packaging Volunteers: Help package sensitive equipment for shipment to ensure none of our supplies get damaged in transit. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m - 5 p.m.
- Office Volunteers: Manage our front desk, greeting guests, answering phones, and helping with administrative projects. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m - 5 p.m., and we ask for a commitment of at least 2 hours/week.
Internships: If you would like to inquire about any of the above opportunities as an internship, please contact Sarah Westwood, Director of Operations HERE.
GROUP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: We welcome groups of volunteers to sort and package medical supplies for delivery, stock inventory, prepare for shipments and load containers.
To schedule a group volunteer opportunity, email us HERE.
- Weekdays: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Evenings: Tues/Wed/Thurs: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
To ensure our volunteers have the best experience and training, our maximum group size is 10 individuals. If you have a larger group, please check back with us in June 2018 as we expand our volunteer options!
MINIMUM AGE: Insurance liability requires that our volunteers under the age of 18 be at least 14 years old and accompanied by an adult. There are no exceptions to this for volunteering in the warehouse. If you would like to explore offsite options for Kits for Kids, please contact us HERE.
SATURDAY TIMES: Because Saturday opportunities book out the fastest, we suggest planning 3 to 4 months in advance to schedule a Saturday Volunteer Opportunity. We are have current availability for Saturday group volunteer shifts starting in June 2018.
COURT ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: We accept Court Ordered Community Service ONLY for non-violent and non-drug related offenses. Please register online HERE. It is your responsibility to manage your court-related paperwork. When you arrive, you will check into your shift on the computer to track your hours. You will help sort medical products in our Pre & Mid Sort areas.
We welcome you to Project C.U.R.E.’s Denver Warehouse. Thank you for being a part of our family of volunteers that provide health and hope to the world.