Welcome to Franciscan Mission Warehouse | Project C.U.R.E. Kansas City
The Kansas City Distribution Center is the latest addition to the Project C.U.R.E. family.
In 2019, the Franciscan Mission Warehouse (FMW), located in Independence, MO, a 25-year ministry run by the Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Eucharist, affiliated with Project C.U.R.E. We are true to our roots and history with the Sisters of St. Francis, and excited that our future is bright with Project C.U.R.E.
The mission and vision of FMW and Project C.U.R.E. was a perfect fit, and over the last year, this location has gone from a Project C.U.R.E. Collection Center to a Regional Distribution Center.
We are in the process of moving to a new warehouse space, with the goal of increasing our annual international shipments threefold.
To launch this new Project C.U.R.E. location, we are in need of a robust cadre of volunteers.
We are looking for service-minded individuals from every corner of Kansas City to join us. Our team includes everyone from surgeons to students! We are honored to host many large corporate and philanthropic volunteer teams.
Group Volunteer Opportunities: We need groups of volunteers to help sort and package medical supplies for shipment, stock inventory, prepare for shipments, and load containers. Groups of < 20 people are ideal, but larger groups may be accommodated. We ask that all student groups be high school age or older.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities: listed below in order of priority with time commitment and schedule dependent on role.
- Medical Volunteers: We need doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel to be the first line of quality assurance. As medical experts, you will ensure supplies’ integrity as well as help sort donations. This is also a great educational experience for those aspiring to the medical field. Various shifts are available during the week, and we ask volunteers to commit to serving three hours/month.
- Sort Team Leaders: Lead our large groups of volunteers in sorting and packaging medical supplies. Medical experience is not required but is helpful. Leaders must complete a training session and we ask for a commitment of about 1 event at 3 hours/month. Sign up for the daytime, evening, or weekend shifts depending on your schedule.
- Drivers: We need drivers to pick up supplies from local hospitals or clinics and bring them to our warehouse. Drive our 16-foot box truck, our 12-passenger van, or your own vehicle. May require some lifting. A CDL is not required. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We ask that drivers commit to serving 3 hours/month.
- Biomedical/Surgical/Laboratory Experts: We need people with specialized medical training to ensure equipment is fit for donation. This may involve checking and repairing equipment, sorting supplies, or packaging donations for shipment. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and we ask for a commitment of at least 3 hours/month.
- Warehouse Volunteers: We need volunteers to help keep our warehouse organized, drive forklifts, prepare for shipments, unload donations, and load containers for shipment. May require some physical labor. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and we ask that you commit to serving at least 3 hours/month.
- Packaging Volunteers: Help package sensitive equipment for shipment to ensure none of our supplies get damaged in transit. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and we ask for a commitment of at least 3 hours/month.
- Office Volunteers: Manage our front desk, greeting guests, answering phones, and helping with administrative projects. Various shifts are available Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and we ask for a commitment of at least 2 hours/week.
8800 N.E. Underground Drive, Pillar 364
Kansas City, MO 64161
Hours of Operation
Office, Warehouse & Donation Drop-Offs:
Monday - Thursday
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Or by Appointment