Welcome to the Chicago Distribution Center
We are growing! We need passionate, mission-driven volunteers to help us sort, pack, warehouse and locally transport donated medical supplies and equipment to be shipped to hospitals and clinics in developing countries.
Why Project C.U.R.E.?
- We are “the real deal.” At Project C.U.R.E. 98 cents of every donated dollar goes directly to the mission. In fact, we are listed in Forbes Top 20 Most Efficient Charities and we have a 4-Star Rating with Charity Navigator, the highest ranking given. The donations we ship literally save lives in areas with little access to modern healthcare.
- You are needed. We sort, pack and ship incredible amounts of supplies and equipment. At Project C.U.R.E. volunteers are at the heart of everything we do. As we grow, we need more volunteers who share our passion for helping those in greatest need.
- It’s easy to sign up and serve. Sign up for shifts as you are available, no commitment required! Or, come regularly and find a family of volunteers that love what they do and welcome new friends.
- Groups are invited to serve. We welcome your group! From 4 people to 100 or more, we engage you in meaningful work that will impact those in greatest need.
- Service Hours can be completed here. Need hours? We can help. Sign up HERE and choose from our many shift options.
- You can “specialize.” We can put your skillset to work! Medical professionals (retired or active), those with warehouse, driving, teaching, marketing or leadership experience are welcomed to volunteer in their area of interest to further the cause.
- It’s fun! This is an enjoyable and interactive way to serve, as an individual or in a group.
Who can serve?
- Volunteers ages 14 and up are welcomed (younger volunteers can serve with if accompanied by a parent/guardian).
- Groups are welcomed to serve. Please contact us HERE and we will set up a special day and time just for you! We work with corporate, church, school, civic and social groups. It’s a fun and interactive way to serve and build teamwork.
What do volunteers do at Project C.U.R.E. Chicago?
- There are many ways to serve. Some ways volunteers contribute are:
- Sorting, packing and/or labeling donated medical supplies.
- Warehousing donated medical supplies (receiving donations, putting away boxes, readying boxes for shipment, loading shipping containers, etc.)
- Driving our truck to pick up donations at hospitals (no CDL required)
- Reception, volunteer scheduling and office help
- Assessing, readying and making minor repairs on donated medical equipment (some experience preferred)
- Training new volunteers
- Leading volunteer groups in sorting or warehousing donations
- Representing Project C.U.R.E. at community events
Pre-registration for all volunteer activities is required.
Volunteer in Chicago with Project C.U.R.E.!
Please call or email to set up a time for after-hours donation drop-offs.